END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
Last updated: September 2019
THIS AGREEMENT IS A LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT; PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY.
WB Games Inc. ("WB Games") is proud to provide you with game software (the "Game") (together with any updates, the "Game Client") for use with the online component of the Game (a "Game Server"). Together, the Game Client and a Game Server make up the Game. This End User License Agreement (the "EULA" or "Agreement") governs your use of the Game Client, while the Terms of Service (the "TOS"), located at https://go.wbgames.com/terms-of-service, incorporated herein by this reference, governs your use of the Game Server. By installing or using the Game Client, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement and the TOS.
1. Limited License. The Game Client is licensed, not sold. Subject to your agreement to and continued compliance with the terms and conditions of this EULA, WB Games hereby grants to you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, nontransferable, personal license to (a) download and install the Game Client onto a personal computer (a "System") owned by you, and (b) use the Game Client in conjunction with a Game Server for your non-commercial entertainment purposes only. The foregoing license does not permit you to do any of the following, and you agree that the violation of any of the following license limitations will constitute an infringement of WB Games' copyrights:
a. You may not sell, license or transfer the Game Client, or any reproductions or modifications thereof, to any person or entity;
b. You may not develop, distribute or host any server or software designed to interact with the Game Client or to redirect or emulate the communications protocols used by WB Games;
c. You may not modify the Game Client or any portion thereof;
d. You may not, or allow or authorize others, to copy, translate, reverse engineer, derive source code from, modify, disassemble, decompile, or create derivative works based on the Game Client or any portion thereof;
e. You may not develop, distribute or use any third party program designed to impact the Game experience, including without limitation software bots, cheats, hacks or any other software designed to provide a player with an advantage;
f. You may not exploit the Game, or any portion thereof, for any commercial purpose;
g. You may not connect to a Game Server except by using an authorized, unmodified Game Client through a WB Games authorized third party computer service as set forth herein; or
h. You may not use the Game Client to connect to any server or service other than a Game Server through a WB Games authorized third party service.
The license granted herein confers no title or ownership in the Game (including without limitation the Game Client) and should not be construed as a sale of any rights to the Game. All rights, titles and interests in and to the Game and any and all copies thereof (including without limitation any and all titles, computer code, technology, themes, objects, characters, character names, stories, dialog, catch phrases, locations, concepts, artwork, music, etc.) are owned by WB Games or its licensors.
2. Term. This EULA is effective until terminated, and those provisions which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including without limitation those provisions addressing license limitations, disclaimer of warranties, limitation of liability, indemnification and ownership. You may terminate this EULA at any time by permanently destroying all copies of the Game and related documentation in your possession, including without limitation any and all Game Clients under your custody or control.
3. Ownership. You agree that, between you and WB Games, WB Games owns and shall continue to own all rights, title and interest in and to the Game, all copies thereof, and all content therein. The Game is protected by the copyright laws of the United States, international treaties and other laws. The Game may contain materials licensed by third parties, and the licensors of those materials are third party beneficiaries of this Agreement with the right to enforce their rights against you if you violate this Agreement.
4. Consent to Monitor. When the Game is running, WB Games, its affiliates or its contractors may monitor your System for uses that violate the Limited License Section. You hereby grant WB Games, its affiliates and its contractors permission to monitor your System for purposes of identifying such use and communicating potential violations to WB Games.
WB Games, its affiliates and its contractors are under no obligation to monitor your System.
5. Limited Warranty for Games on Physical Media.
WB Games warrants to the best of WB Games' ability to the original consumer purchaser of the Game that the physical medium on which the Game is recorded (if any) shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one hundred eighty (180) days from the original date of purchase. If a defect in materials or workmanship occurs during this one hundred eighty (180) day warranty period, WB Games will either repair or replace, at WB Games' option, the Game free of charge. In the event that the Game is no longer available, WB Games may, in its sole discretion, replace the Game with a product of comparable value. The original purchaser is entitled to this warranty only if the date of purchase is registered at point of sale or the consumer can demonstrate (to WB Games' satisfaction) that the Game was purchased within the last one hundred eighty (180) days.
To receive warranty service:
Notify the WB Games Customer Service Department of the problem requiring warranty service by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If the WB Games service technician is unable to solve the problem on the web via email, he/she may authorize you to return the Game, at your risk of damage, freight and insurance prepaid by you, together with your dated sales slip or similar proof of purchase within the one hundred eighty (180) day warranty period to:
Pole To Win International
Attn: Warner Bros. Tech Support
9th Floor, Skypark 1
8 Elliot Place
Glasgow G3 8EP
WB Games is not responsible for unauthorized returns of the Game and reserves the right to send such unauthorized returns back to customer.
This limited warranty shall not be applicable and shall be void if: (a) the defect in the Game has arisen through abuse, unreasonable use, mistreatment or neglect; (b) the Game is used with products not sold or licensed by the appropriate platform manufacturer or WB Games (including but not limited to, non-licensed game enhancements and copier devices, adapters and power supplies); (c) the Game is used for commercial purposes (including rental); (d) the Game is modified or tampered with; or (e) the Game's serial number has been altered, defaced or removed.
6. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. SAVE AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED BY APPLICABLE LAWS, THE GAME IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND AVAILABILITY.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
IN NO EVENT SHALL WB GAMES, ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, OR CONTRACTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE GAME AND/OR THE GAME CLIENT OR ANY USE THEREOF, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LOSS OF DATA OR GOODWILL, DISRUPTION OF SERVICE OR CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES. IN NO EVENT SHALL WB GAMES, ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, OR CONTRACTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, LIQUIDATED, OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER UNDER CONTRACT, DELICT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE GAME (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE GAME CLIENT). THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. In no event shall WB Games' aggregate liability, whether arising in contract, delict, strict liability or otherwise, exceed the total fees paid by you for the Game.
8. INDEMNIFICATION. YOU HEREBY AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS WB GAMES, ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, AND CONTRACTORS, FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM, LIABILITY, INJURY, DAMAGE, LOSS OR EXPENSE (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES) INCURRED AS A RESULT OF, ARISING FROM, OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE GAME AND/OR THE GAME CLIENT.
9. Changes to Agreement and Game. WB Games may on notice with reasons update this Agreement at its sole discretion, and you agree to the revised version of the EULA by continuing to play the Game after receiving such revised EULA.
WB Games may change, modify, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of the Game at any time. You have no interest, monetary or otherwise, in any feature or content contained in the Game.
10. Patches and Updates. WB Games may apply patches, updates and modifications (collectively, "Updates") to the Game at any time, including Updates to the Game Client installed on your System. Updates are not optional. You agree that WB Games may deploy and install Updates remotely, with or without your knowledge, and you hereby provide your consent for WB Games to download and apply such Updates.
11. Remedies. You acknowledge that WB Games may suffer irreparable damage if you breach any of the provisions governing license limitations or ownership. You therefore agree that if you do breach any of these provisions, in addition to provable damages and reasonable attorneys' fees, WB Games shall be entitled to enjoin such breach and to obtain specific performance of such provisions in any court of competent jurisdiction.
12. Seizure Warning. A very small percentage of people experience epileptic seizures when exposed to certain light patterns or flashing lights. Exposure to these patterns or backgrounds on a television, or while playing video games, may induce an epileptic seizure in these individuals. If you, or anyone in your family, have an epileptic condition, consult your physician prior to playing. If you experience dizziness, altered vision, eye or muscle twitches, loss of awareness, disorientation, any involuntary movement, or convulsions while playing the game, immediately discontinue use and consult your physician.
13. Dispute Resolution and Governing Law.
a. Binding Arbitration. Any dispute, controversy or claim related to this Agreement ("Dispute") (except those Disputes expressly excluded below) that cannot be resolved through informal negotiations shall if so required by any party by giving written notice to that effect to the other, be resolved by binding arbitration in accordance with the Arbitration Foundation of Southern Africa ("AFSA") by an arbitrator appointed by AFSA. There shall be a right of appeal as provided for in article 22 of the AFSA Rules. Any election to arbitrate by one party shall be final and binding on the other. You and WB Games expressly consent to any arbitration in terms of the AFSA Rules being conducted as a matter of urgency; and each of you irrevocably authorizes the other to apply, on behalf of both Parties to such dispute, in writing, to the secretariat of AFSA in terms of section 23(1) of the aforesaid rules for any such arbitration to be conducted on an urgent basis. WB Games will pay all arbitration fees and reasonable expenses as determined by the arbitrator. The arbitration may be conducted in person, through the submission of documents, by phone or online. The arbitrator shall follow the Laws of the Republic of South Africa in adjudicating the Dispute. The parties waive the right to seek punitive damages and the arbitrator shall have no authority to award such damages. The arbitrator shall provide a detailed written statement of decision, which shall be part of the arbitration award and admissible in any judicial proceeding to confirm, correct or vacate the award. Unless the parties agree otherwise, the arbitrator and the members of any appeal panel shall be former or retired judges or justices of any High Court of the Republic of South Africa with experience in matters involving the entertainment industry. If either party refuses to perform any or all of its obligations under the final arbitration award (following appeal, if applicable) within thirty (30) days of such award being rendered, then the other party may enforce the final award in any court of competent jurisdiction in the Republic of South Africa. The party seeking enforcement shall be entitled to an award of all costs, fees and expenses, including attorneys' fees, incurred in enforcing the award, to be paid by the party against whom enforcement is ordered. Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, you and WB Games may litigate in court to compel arbitration, stay proceeding pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator. Any Dispute not subject to arbitration (other than claims proceeding in any small claims court), or where no election to arbitrate has been made, shall be decided by a court of competent jurisdiction within the South Gauteng High Court of the Republic of South Africa, and you and WB Games agree to submit to the jurisdiction of that court. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you and WB Games may approach a competent court for urgent interim relief pending finalization of any arbitration.
b. Restrictions. You and WB Games agree that any arbitration shall be limited to the Dispute between WB Games and you individually. To the full extent permitted by law, (1) no arbitration shall be joined with any other; (2) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be arbitrated on a class-action basis or to utilize class action procedures; and (3) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public or any other persons.
c. Exceptions. You and WB Games agree that the following Disputes are not subject to the above provisions concerning informal negotiations and binding arbitration: (1) any Disputes seeking to enforce or protect, or concerning the validity of, any of WB Games' intellectual property rights; (2) any Dispute related to, or arising from, allegations of theft, piracy or unauthorized use; and (3) any claim for injunctive relief.
d. Governing Law. Except as expressly provided otherwise, this Agreement shall be governed by, and will be construed under, the Laws of the Republic of South Africa, without regard to choice of law principles. The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded. Those who choose to access a Game Server from locations outside of the United States do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
e. Severability. You and WB Games agree that if any portion of the Dispute Resolution Section is found illegal or unenforceable (except any portion of the Dispute Resolution Section (c. Exceptions)), that portion shall be severed and the remainder of the Section shall be given full force and effect. If the Dispute Resolution Section (c. Exceptions) is found to be illegal or unenforceable then neither you nor WB Games will elect to arbitrate any Dispute falling within that portion of the Dispute Resolution Section (c. Exceptions) found to be illegal or unenforceable and such Dispute shall be decided by a court of competent jurisdiction within the South Gauteng High Court of the Republic of South Africa, and you and WB Games agree to submit to the jurisdiction of that court.
14. Miscellaneous. The terms set forth in this Agreement, including the Disclaimer of Warranties, Limitation of Liability and Indemnification provisions are fundamental elements of the basis of the agreement between WB Games and you. WB Games would not be able to provide the Game (including without limitation the Game Client) on an economic basis without such limitations. Such Disclaimer of Warranties, Limitation of Liability and Indemnification provisions inure to the benefit of WB Games' licensors, successors and assigns. You agree that you are not considered, and shall not represent yourself as, an agent, employee, joint venturer, or partner of WB Games. You may not assign this Agreement, in whole or in part, without WB Games' prior written consent and any attempted assignment in violation of this provision shall be null and void. WB Games may assign this Agreement or any of its rights or obligations under this Agreement without your consent at any time. No waiver of any default, condition or breach of this Agreement shall constitute a waiver of any other default, condition or breach of this Agreement, whether of a similar nature or otherwise.
Any provision found unlawful by a court or regulator having jurisdiction shall be deemed to be severed from the Agreement, but such severance shall have no effect on the enforceability of the remaining provisions of the Agreement. This Agreement, along with the End User License Agreement in the manual of the Game (if any) incorporating all the applicable documents referenced herein, represents the entire agreement between you and WB Games with respect to the Game Client and supersedes all prior agreements between you and WB Games pertaining to the Game Client. In the event this Agreement and the terms of the End User License Agreement in the manual of the Game conflict, the terms of this Agreement shall control. You agree that you will comply with all applicable laws in connection with the Game Client and this Agreement, including without limitation export control laws. You must supply all necessary facilities, utilities and equipment necessary to play the Game, including appropriate computer equipment and Internet connections, at your sole risk and expense. This Agreement may be amended only by a writing executed by both parties.
15. Third Party Software. The Game contains font software licensed from third parties. Such font software shall only be used with the Game and may not be extracted from the Game for any purpose.
16. Customer Support. In the unlikely event of a problem with your Game, you may only need simple instructions to correct the problem. Please contact the WB Games Customer Service Department by email at email@example.com or on the web at http://support.wbgames.com before returning the Game to a retailer. Please do not send any Game to WB Games without contacting us first.